First week working in Aizian

12:32 PM

Hi! A week went by already and (luckily) time went by so fast. Aizian is located next to the Hotel Melia. It is an a la carte restaurant. This is the view from the outside.





I started in the cold side now. We make starters, desserts and aperitif.  There are 5 of us in the cold side and about 3 or 4 in the hot side.

They make almost everything from the sauce to desserts and so on.

The first day I made pastry creme/custard of course with their help.






And then I also made this kind of biscuit that we crushed after and it's used for the plating of desserts.


After that I made cheese ice cream


I also made the filling for the cheese cake and the base for it was ready so I just put everything together and popped it into the oven. 



I also helped in making crayfish-wonton I don't know what exactly called but yeah it's an entrée/starter








I was also able to make and plate the rolled duck liver in smoked bread, which looks like this




I also cut the duck liver and plated it. It goes with raisin bread, raspberry sauce and semi dried (?) strawberries


This plating of squid looks like this




The bacalao which is cod


I deep fried the vagetables, which goes with the tempura





I cut some salmon for the salmon salad




The octupus and how it looks on the plate






Calamari or squid



And I got to process the oysters it was kinda hard to open but I also got the drill of it





There was this weird kind of garlic (atleast for me). haha


I also got to plate the lobster salad



So that was what I have done in the first week. I got to see most of the platings and so far I am enjoying it. Working hours are kind of long plus the 20 minute walk from home to work and vice versa, but it's okay. The fact that everyone are being so nice really helps a lot with coping with work. I am so looking forward to more things that I could learn. I'll keep you guys updated! :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images